Finding Your Voice is a personal, comprehensive guide for survivors of abuse making the journey toward healing. Led by an author who has walked the path for more than three decades, readers will find encouragement and hope as they move step-by-step to a place of recovery.
Part memoir, part blueprint for recovery, “Finding Your Voice” uses a mix of personal anecdotes, accumulated knowledge, expert techniques and good, common sense to help readers navigate a new path in the aftermath of abuse.
With clear instructions and insightful examples, the author leads the readers through the five stages of healing—built upon the foundation of years of self help work, therapy and reflection, and the author’s own transformative approach to healing.
The five stages are:
1) Recognize abuse, step out of denial and seek help;
2) Discover how past experiences have informed decisions and learn to embrace The Big 3—self-acceptance, unconditional love, and self-respect;
3) Understand coping mechanisms that were needed for survival, and recognize how your personal B.A.R.—Behaviors, Actions, and Reactions—is the key to making healthy changes;
4) Learn to use the S.I.T.T. Patiently 5 step formula—Intention, imagination, belief, action, and patience—and how your personal style of processing—visual, auditory, or kinetic—can lead to manifesting true desires.
5) Implement the Happy Boosters 8-step plan to instill more joy in your life, while letting go of your personal Story and any Happy Busters that stop you from having the life you desire.
The healing journey takes time and patience. The mix of empathy, practicality and encouragement running throughout “Finding Your Voice” provides the ideal guide for that journey.
A workbook is available as a companion to “Finding Your Voice” along with “Hope and Healing Audio”.
About Mannette Morgan:
Mannette Morgan is a speaker, author, coach, and survivor. She teaches critical skills and techniques to other survivors with her books, workbook, workshops, retreats and coaching. Her mission is to help survivors heal from abuse and trauma.
From the emotional and physical abuse as a child to an abusive marriage, Mannette comes from a place of great understanding. She empowers other abuse survivors to find their voice and thrive as they learn to heal their past.